OpenGate Capital is a global private investment firm specializing in the acquisition and operation of businesses seeking revitalization through growth and operational improvements. Established in 2005, OpenGate is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and has offices in Paris, France and Sao Paulo, Brazil. The firm is served by a seasoned team of professionals that bring the skills needed to acquire, transition, operate and build companies. OpenGate’s preferred acquisition targets are middle-market corporate divestitures. These are non-core, yet functioning businesses that may not have reached their potential, or are no longer a fit with the parent company’s strategic objectives. To date, OpenGate has completed 20 transactions, of which greater than have were cross-border transactions, and manages a portfolio of 12 stand-alone entities serving a wide variety of industries throughout the US, Europe and Latin America.
OpenGate Capital does not have an industry preference, nor is the firm limited by geography. Instead, the firm prefers certain deal characteristics when considering acquisition targets it is willing to pursue. These characteristics include revenues of USD $50 M – $1 B; EBITDA negative, break-even or positive, geographically situated in US, Europe and Latin America, complex and challenging situations and/or operations, and lastly, a motivated seller.
RECENT DEALS » All Deals
- Opengate Capital completes acquisition of Umicore Zinc Chemicals (28/11/2016)
- OpenGate acquires Italian furniture PVC foils maker Alfatherm (1/7/2016)
- OpenGate Capital acquires French B2B building material distributor, B&M, from Woleseley (10/3/2016)
- OpenGate Capital buys France-based Bois & Materiaux, distributor of building materials (13/11/2015)
- OpenGate Capital completes sale of Fleurus Presse, a publisher of educational titles (22/5/2015)