HPE Growth Capital
HPE Growth Capital is an independent private equity firm focused on expansion/growth capital investments in technology companies throughout Northern Europe, with an emphasis on Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.
Typically HPE provides EUR 10 – 30 million at work for a significant minority stake. We take an active stance in dealing with our portfolio companies and key areas in which we add value to our investments include: sales & marketing, organisational planning, executive recruitment, buy-and-build, capital structuring and internationalisation.
HPE focuses on technology companies in the expansion capital-stage. Typically, expansion capital-stage companies already have existing customers, protected intellectual property portfolios, profitable margins/unit economics and competent management teams. They have become local champions but have the ambition to accelerate their topline growth through international marketing and sales expansion as well as buy-and-build strategies. As such, these companies need more than capital to achieve their goal to become tomorrow’s market leaders.
As an equity partner with a hands-on approach, we have built an advisory network of financial and operational veterans which we put at the disposal of our portfolio companies through long lasting partnerships.
Northern Europe with an emphasis on Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium. HPE has a presence in each of our three focus countries and offices located in Amsterdam and Düsseldorf.
HPE defines its technology focus broadly, ranging from Software, Internet and Transaction Platforms, to Energy Technology, New Materials and Industrial High-Tech companies that are “asset light” and scalable.
However, we have a particular interest in technologies including:
Enterprise Software and Computing Technology
Transaction Services and Trading Platforms
Energy Efficiency and Sustainability
Industrial / Automation Technology
Advanced Materials and Nanotechnologies
Mobility and Connectivity
IT-Security and general Security Technology
RECENT DEALS » All Deals
- AEVI secures €30 million capital increase with investments from Adveq and HPE Growth Capital (24/10/2016)
- HPE Growth Capital acquires minority stake in German cashless payment solutions provider AEVI (13/5/2016)
- eGym, a Munich, Germany-based high tech fitness company, raised $45m in Series C led by HPE Growth Capital (23/3/2016)
- Kreditech bank services provider, nets €82.5M in Series C funding round, backed by investors including J. C. Flowers, Amadeus and Peter Thiel (28/9/2015)
- De Beers Group of Companies has acquired a 33.4 percent equity stake in Synova, a manufacturer of laser cutting equipment (19/5/2015)