Duke Street is a private equity fund founded in 1988 as Hambro European Ventures; bought out from Hambros in 1998 and changed name to Duke Street. The firm has offices in London. Funds are currently invested in 14 portfolio companies with an estimated enterprise value of morethan €2 billion and a turnover of €2.3 billion. Investments in these companies are spread over two funds.
Duke Street invests in companies with an enterprise value of between €50 and €300 million. Fundamentally, Duke Street looks to invest in profitable and sound companies with excellent growth potential. It doesn’t provide start-up funding or look for turnaround situations. Duke Steet majority owns mid-market companies headquartered in UK and France in four sectors: Consumer, Business Services, Healthcare and Financial Services.
RECENT DEALS » All Deals
- Duke Street and Europa Capital sell Channel Islands-based retailer Sandpiper (13/11/2015)
- Duke Street and Searchlight Capital Partners take over Fork Rent and One Call Hire (25/8/2015)
- Duke Street sells Laurel Funerals for £75M (17/6/2015)
- Duke Street’s SandpiperCI, a leading retailer in the Channel Islands, sells its wholesale food service and distribution business (4/5/2015)
- Carlyle Cardinal Ireland Acquires Payzone, a Provider of Consumer Payments Solutions in Ireland, from Duke Street (10/3/2015)