A European Private Equity Firm
Alpha’s history goes back to 1985; The Alpha Funds are specialized in LBOs and Development Capital investments and invest in family-owned companies or spin-offs from large corporations.
More than 125 investments have been completed throughout continental Europe (France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland and Benelux); the AlphaFunds back entrepreneurs and managers in their growth plans, generally take a majority position.
Funds advised represent 1.5 billion Euros.
Equity commitments normally range from 20 to 100 M€ in companies having an Enterprise Value between 50 M€ and 500 M€. Larger transactions may be considered with the help of its co-investors.
Type of investment: all business opportunities in all industries are reviewed with pragmatism, and the following different shareholder situations are considered:
• Leveraged buy-out acquisition, or acquisition funded entirely through equity capital (Development Capital)
• Management buy-out or Management buy-in
• Acquisition of majority control, or of a minority position under certain conditions
• Investment alone as a lead-investor, or alongside other partners
• Public to Private transactions